The Brookline Arts Center invites artists of all media residing in the United States to submit work for "Object(ive)".
Our lives are continuously shaped by the objects we use and create. The meaning or purpose of an object may shift with time. Cups and bowls we use today could become precious artifacts displayed in a museum, or they could be tossed aside as forgotten waste. With the rapid technological advances of the last century, our production of objects has increased dramatically. American culture today can be characterized by our fierce consumerism and attachment to objects. In "Object(ive)" we are looking for work that explores the influence objects have on contemporary life, whether the objects are commonplace, precious, functional, religious, cultural or symbolic.
● All media welcome
● Artwork must have been created within the last five years
● All submitted work must be original
● Work must be available for exhibition dates
● Prints must be signed, dated and numbered. If submitting monoprints or monotypes, an artist proof must also be submitted.
● Maximum size 2D: up to 84"in either dimension.
● Maximum size 3D: combined dimensions must not exceed a total of 144 inches (height+width+depth), total weight must not exceed 100lbs.
● Video work: If accepted, the artist is responsible for providing all necessary viewing equipment
All artists residing in United States are eligible to submit work. All applications must be entered online through the BAC's submission form. Up to six pieces of original artwork can be submitted.
Online Submission and More Info
$30 for 1-3 submissions, $45 for 4-6