Rockport Art Association & Museum
The Rockport Art Association and Museum has a mission to cultivate fine art, educate, inspire and excite the imagination of our community through our permanent collection, diverse exhibitions and educational programs. The Executive Director, in partnership with the Board of Governors, will play a critical role in the ongoing planning, financial support and growth of the organization. The successful candidate will serve as the ambassador of the RAA&M by providing a visible presence in the community.
• Effective Leadership: Provide effective project oversight and crisis management in a fast-paced environment to ensure that all RAA&M activities and projects are delivered on time, scope, and budget.
• Development & Funding: Oversee development (fundraising) working with the BOG development committee. Identify new (and cultivate existing) funding opportunities including individual, corporate, government and foundations.
• Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategies to maximize the visibility, brand, and earned and contributed revenues of RAA&M.
• Marketing Timetable & Strategies: Plan, organize and supervise exhibition programs with a strong strategic marketing and revenue generating plan.
• Membership Growth: Serve as ambassador for the Museum in the community.
• Technical Skills: QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft Office suite, Past Perfect and Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Constant Contact).
• Maintain/Grow Permanent Collection: Oversee staff and BOG committee responsible for the Permanent Collection. Ensure care and conservation of the RAA&M’s Permanent Collection and cultivate relationships with collectors for gifts of art works to the Museum.
• Education: Work to create educational programs to suit a wide variety of ages and community interest. Ensure an ongoing schedule of engaging member exhibitions and educational programs that increase public audiences and enhance the visitor experience.
• Community Outreach: Serve as the RAA&M’s public face to the community, local businesses, schools. Develop dynamic marketing and communications strategies to strengthen RAA&M’s identity and positioning within the community.
Qualified candidates will hold a B.A. or Masters is preferred. A nonprofit background and/or museum experience along with a minimum of ten years of management experience. Candidates should possess a command of running a nonprofit organization, financial management, governance and staff development, strategic planning, project management, and operations. A proven track record of success working with boards, staff, communities, and major donors to achieve goals is necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
ABOUT ROCKPORT & ROCKPORT ART ASSOCIATION & MUSEUM
Rockport Massachusetts is located 40 miles northeast of Boston. It is a coastal community on Cape Ann offering a vibrant art scene. With a population of approximately 7,200 this quaint town’s population swells to 12,000 in the summer months with another 6,000 visitors filling the many shops, galleries and restaurants.
The Rockport Art Association and Museum has been one of Cape Ann’s premier cultural beacons since its creation in 1921. The RAA&M has 250 artist members and 400 contributing members. Each year the RAA&M brings to the community over 40 exhibitions including solo shows and collectible works in addition to on-going educational programs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an application to Board of Governors at email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please include a resume and cover letter. When applying by email, include “Executive Director” in subject line of email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please use the form below to contact the Board of Governors Executive Director Search committee.